Hours of Operation and Contact Information
Hours of Operation:
[Closed for lunch @ 12:30pm-1:30pm]
Contact: Luvina Wan
Tel: 604-822-5040 Cell: 778-879-3411
1015 Biological Sciences Building (East Wing)
6270 University Blvd., Vancouver, BC
*** Please make sure to leave your name and/or your lab name as the recipient when providing shipping information to sender. This will help limit the recipient-tracking group emails sent to the entire Department.
*** Please notify Ship/Rec via email in advance if your package requires any additional care (e.g. perishable items/refrigeration, live animals)
- As we have limited space in the fridge, perishable items should be picked up on the same day upon receipt of the notification email.
- Non-perishable items should be picked up within 5 business days.
- The ship/rec freezer only reaches -18°C, any items that require storage temperatures to be below -18°C should be picked up right away.
- When picking up, please locate your name / lab name and leave your signature on the parcel tracking sheet.
Shipping via FedEx:
- Please use the computer in the ship/rec office to create your own waybill. There are instructions on the desktop and in-person assistance is available if required.
- For same-day pickups, please make sure the item is ready to go by 2pm.
Ordering from International Suppliers (message from UBC Procurement Services):
- Remember to advise international suppliers to use UBC custom broker when ordering.
- The worktag must be informed to the supplier to add to the paperwork. So that once our broker gets the paperwork, they are able to charge the correct worktag for the order.
Your First and Last Names
Your Lab Name
6270 University Blvd
Soil waste bin key pickup
Compressed gases cage key pickup
The compressed gas cage should be used only as delivery space, NOT storage.
To help prevent overcrowding the space, please note the following:
- Linde/Praxair only picks up empty cylinders upon individual service requests from each account. If you are dropping off any empty cylinders to be picked up, please contact Linde at 604-527-0710 to open a new service request.
- If you are expecting any new deliveries from Linde/Praxair, please come pick up upon their arrival at soon as possible.
- Key to the cage is available for pickup during Shipping/Receiving’s hours of operation.
Hazardous waste drop-offs: chemical waste, solvent waste, autoclaved biomaterials and lab glass waste
- Please ensure to attach the appropriate documentation on each item.
- Autoclaved biomaterials must be double-bagged (triple-bagged if necessary) to prevent leaking
- Glass waste:
- Once glass waste container is 3/4 full, tie bag closed and ensure no glass protrudes past the container top.
- Use approved glass waste containers: 5 gallon grey metal cans or white plastic pails.
- Please refer to the Laboratory Glass Waste Disposal Procedure for more detail.